Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MVP Carlos Ruiz Signs with Philadelphia Union


Philadelphia Union signs Guatemalan forward Carlos Ruiz.  He has been a prospect ever since leaving the SuperLiga club Aris FC in Greece.  He will return for his 7th season in the MLS.

In 2002, Ruiz was voted as the Most Valuable Player in the MLS with over 20+ goals earned for the Los Angeles Galaxy.  Ruiz was one of the beneficial factors in their MLS cup victory for 2002.  He holds the record for the most goals scored in a postseason with 16, and he is one of the top ten scorers of all time in the MLS league.

With Carlos Ruiz on the Philadelphia Union, he is a promising addition to their squad.  Ruiz adds a level of dynamics and depth to the offensive end of the team.


Resource(s):

2 comments:

  1. MLS is great but since we (LV) don't have a team I hope you'll talk about a few of the Las Vegans who might make it to the MLS someday. I'll bet there is some pretty good talent at UNLV or even some of the high school teams. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that UNLV helps recommend star players to bigger conferences within the soccer leagues. Although, I haven't heard of any making it to the MLS. The MLS is cream of the crop! I'll research into it more, and if I find anything on Las Vegans in the MLS recently, I will let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete